Jobs, Classes and Categories come across in all conversions if there are less than 100. You can receive up to 500 Jobs / Classes / Categories under the ACCELERATE premium package.
1. For MYOB files we use the total of Jobs (active, inactive and header Jobs) + Categories to calculate the total number of Jobs / Categories.
2. Xero does not recommend more than about a 100 or so due to potential reporting performance issues. If you have any additional questions with regards to this please visit support.xero.com. You will need to login in to Xero and send a support request from there.
3. We convert into tracking categories and not ‘Projects’.
4. Tracking associated with payroll is not converted.
- If you have a large number >500 it is recommended to use a marketplace App or the Projects function in Xero may provide improved functionality.
- If you have more than 500 active / inactive, we recommend that you remove the extra ones in the source file to ensure jobs are converted.
- If a file has more than 500 then the file is converted but Jobs / Classes / Categories are not.
There can be only 2 active Tracking Categories and 2 inactive in Xero. They are created as a Tracking Categories called Job or Category in Xero. Each Job/Category is created as an option, so that they are accessible for future transactions.
Details of Category / Job Conversions
- Descriptions are not brought across.
- Tracking associated with payroll will not be converted.
- Any transaction line that we migrate to Xero gets the correct tracking option applied to it. Where categories are used in MYOB, we assign a category to each transaction line in that transaction, rather than the transaction itself as done in MYOB.
- In Quickbooks and Reckon, we do not convert Jobs associated with Customers. Please see here for more information.
- Categories and Options in Xero need to be unique so where there are multiple classes or jobs in the source file these are mapped to unique options within Xero.
- Opening balances are not created in Xero, the tracking commences at conversion date. You can add manual journals if you require opening balances in Xero.
- Header jobs will have $0 balances as they are not linked to other Category options in Xero. To manage this moving forward you can set up Tracking categories with Category options:
- Xero support centre – using tracking categories
Please contact us to discuss.