23 Feb Jobs / Categories / Classes
Jobs, Classes and Categories come across in all conversions if there are less than 100. You can receive up to 500 jobs / classes / categories under the ACCELERATE premium package.
Note: Xero does not recommend more than about a 100 or so due to potential reporting performance issues.
Note: We convert into tracking categories and not ‘Projects’.
- If you have a large number >500 it is recommended to use a marketplace App or the Projects function in Xero may provide improved functionality.
- If you have more than 500 active / inactive, we recommend that you remove the extra ones in the source file to ensure jobs are converted.
- If a file has more than 500 then the file is converted but Jobs / Classes / Categories are not.
There can be only 2 active Tracking Categories and 2 inactive in Xero. They are created as a Tracking Categories called Job or Category in Xero. Each Job/Category is created as an option, so that they are accessible for future transactions.
Details of Category / Job Conversions
- Descriptions are not brought across.
- Any transaction line that we migrate to Xero gets the correct tracking option applied to it. Where categories are used in MYOB, we assign a category to each transaction line in that transaction, rather than the transaction itself as done in MYOB.
- In Quickbooks, we do not convert tags associated with customers.
- Categories and Options in Xero need to be unique so where there are multiple classes or jobs in the source file these are mapped to unique options within Xero.
- Opening balances are not created in Xero, the tracking commences at conversion date. You can add manual journals if you require opening balances in Xero.
- Header jobs will have $0 balances as they are not linked to other Category options in Xero. To manage this moving forward you can set up Tracking categories with Category options:
- Xero support centre – using tracking categories
Please contact us to discuss.