22 May Quickbooks Desktop versions converted
Quickbooks file conversions are free of charge courtesy of Xero.
Versions we can convert
- USA Windows Quickbooks Desktop versions including Pro, Premier or Enterprise to the latest version (currently 2019).
- USA Macintosh version – you will have to export to a qbb file as explained on the Intuit site here.
- Files to provide include QBB or .QBW files up to 800 MB in size (compressed .QBM files will show a smaller file size than it actually is). A fee applies for file size greater than 350MB.
We cannot convert yet Quickbooks for other territories – e.g. Australia or Asia as the taxes are handled differently in both Quickbooks and Xero.
For our recommendations on how to prepare the Quickbooks file please follow the link here.
- Multi-currency conversions are not currently supported. USD will be the base currency.
- Advanced inventory (inventory tracking) is not supported
- We do not yet convert payroll
- Passwords. It helps if you can provide the file with the password removed but this is not possible with 2018 versions. Please make sure that if you have changed the name of the admin user to something else you change it back to Admin.
For more information on your Quickbooks file please visit the Intuit website.
Preparing the desktop file for conversions
Preparing the file ahead of time leads to a much better conversion experience. For our recommendations on how to prepare the Quickbooks file please follow the link here.
Transaction types that may lead to issues
Wherever possible we try to deliver the conversion with full transactional history as promised. On occasions, if the following transaction types occur extensively we may only be able to provide a service with no or reduced history. In some instances it may prevent us from being able to complete the conversion at all. If this occurs we will endeavor to advise you as soon as possible.
- Manual journals to control accounts – Xero does not allow journals to control accounts. Where we encounter these transactions we use the conversion clearing account to replicate these journals in Xero. However extensive use of journalling to control accounts is outside the scope of our automated service and we will advise if we encounter this in your file and the options available.
- Tracked inventory – Xero does not manage tracked inventory the same way as QB does. We use monthly manual journals to balance these transactions out. However if we encounter a large volume of complex tracked inventory transactions it falls outside the automated service. We will advise if we encounter this in your file and the options available.