Versions we can convert
- USA Windows Quickbooks Desktop versions including Pro, Premier, Accountants version or Enterprise to the latest version (currently 2019).
- USA Macintosh version – you will have to export to a qbb file as explained on the Intuit site here.
- We do not convert Quickbooks self-employed
- We accept .QBW file size up 800 MB, a fee will apply for .QBW files greater than 350MB
- The .QBB or .QBM file will show a smaller size as it is compressed, if you upload one of these file types you may still be charged a fee if the restored .QBW file is greater than 350 MB
- Multi-currency conversions are not currently supported. USD will be the base currency.
- Advanced inventory (inventory tracking) is not supported
- We do not yet convert payroll
Transaction types that may lead to issues
Wherever possible we try to deliver the conversion with full transactional history as promised. On occasions, if the following transaction types occur extensively we may only be able to provide a service with no or reduced history. In some instances it may prevent us from being able to complete the conversion at all. If this occurs we will endeavor to advise you as soon as possible.
- Manual journals to control accounts – Xero does not allow journals to control accounts. Where we encounter these transactions we use the conversion clearing account to replicate these journals in Xero. However extensive use of journalling to control accounts is outside the scope of our automated service and we will advise if we encounter this in your file and the options available.
- Tracked inventory – Xero does not manage tracked inventory the same way as QB does. We use monthly manual journals to balance these transactions out. However if we encounter a large volume of complex tracked inventory transactions it falls outside the automated service. We will advise if we encounter this in your file and the options available.
- Multiple Accounts Receivable or Payable Accounts – Review your chart of accounts to see if there are multiple Accounts Receivable or Payable accounts. Xero only allows for one system Account for each Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable. If there are many, or complex, AR / AP accounts in the Quickbooks file we will not be able to complete the conversion.
Preparing the desktop file for conversions
Preparing the file ahead of time leads to a much better conversion experience. For our recommendations on how to prepare the Quickbooks file please follow the link here.
Other country Quickbooks files
We cannot convert Quickbooks Intuit for for other territories – e.g. Australia or Asia -as the taxes are handled differently in both Quickbooks and Xero.
For more information on your Quickbooks file please visit the Intuit website.