Welcome to the Xero subsidized conversion service into an existing Xero organization + using a Xero, or your own, standard Chart of Accounts, rather than the source file Chart of Accounts.
This feature enables you to convert the source accounting software into a specified Chart of Accounts in Xero. You will be able to view all the transactions in the new Xero organization as if they have been put through the new Chart of Accounts.
Please note this service is currently only available in the USA.
Note you cannot receive monthly comparative balances with this service.
How do I perform the Chart of Accounts Mapping ?
After selecting this service and a short delay, you will be asked by email to complete bank account mapping. After another delay you will receive another email asking you to complete the Chart of Account mapping.
Follow the steps below and if you have any questions please email [email protected].
1. Create the .csv file that contains your desired Chart of Accounts. The easiest way to do this is to export a .csv file from an existing Xero org which you can then modify.
Make sure that the bank account types and tax codes are as you want them to appear in Xero.
2. Click on the link in the email you were sent from us which will take you to your conversion status page to perform the mapping.
3. Upload the .csv file you created.
4. Use this screen to map the Chart of Accounts as you would like them in Xero.
a) Drag the source Accounts from the left hand column into the Xero destination accounts on the right hand side.
b) You can add any accounts that cannot be mapped with a simple drag and drop. They will be added in Xero.
c) The accounts highlighted in green have been automapped and you should do a quick check of these.
d) You can also change account type and tax rate from this screen.
Tip: Use the Tabs at the top to filter the data, making it easier to select the appropriate account to map to.
Tip: You can multi-select accounts for mapping by using the “Shift” or “Ctrl” keys when clicking.
5. Click the green ‘Start Conversion’ button and you are on the way. It takes up to 5 business days to complete the conversion from here.
Making it easier for you
The first time you perform Chart of Account mapping it may take some time. However we do use artificial intelligence in our auto-mapping function that helps to reduce the amount of accounts that need to be mapped:
- we only select accounts with transactions or balances (all others are not mapped as they have not been used)
- we auto-map when the names are similar, these are highlighted in green.
The trial balance comparison in the post conversion Action Checklist shows exactly how your accounts have been mapped from old to new, an easy reference guide for your clients.